Saturday, November 17, 2012

We are so THANKFUL for your hospitality....

Edited to add:  So honored that this card was chosen as one of the three Top Mouse picks for the November 17, 2012 Blog Hop!  Thanks Waltzing Mouse Stamps!


Hi everyone,
My second post for today is a card for the November 2012 Waltzing Mouse Stamps Blog Party!  The theme this month is:  GRATEFUL.  And here is the card that I came up with:

I started by embossing a rustic cream cardstock base with a Cheery Lynn Designs Embossing plate called "Old Parchment".  It is one of my favorites!  I selectively inked the beautiful tree from the set "Blessed by You" to fit it within the opening of the largest Opera Tag which I die cut from some terracotta tile cardstock.  I then added the small stamp from "Seasons of Love to create a border at the top of the opening and to frame the partial sentiment "Thankful for your".
The full sentiment is:  We are Thankful for your hospitality and draws your eye through the card from the upper left to the lower right.
Some button twine, some border stamping on the bottom of the card, and a wee border of glitter glue around the opera tag opening finishes off this card which I am giving to my parents who are hosting Thanksgiving at their house this year.  I am still working on the place cards but hope to share them on the blog if I have time before the big day.

Thanks for looking at my card!  Happy Hopping!
So much beautiful inspiration over at Waltzing Mouse today!
Love it!
:) Jill




18 comments:

  1. LOVE that opera tag opening and your tree and sentiments! This is PRETTY, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is just great! Love the way you've made the tree fit the opening - it looks so elegant! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS, Jill!!! I LOVE LOVE the tree tucked in the opera tag window...what a wonderful use of that "Claire Nestie" !!!:) The stamped scrolls highlight the tree perfectly. The leaves stamped on that beautiful rust paper makes it look like patterned paper from the store. And an old parchment embossing plate? Please excuse the dust I kick up as I run to find one, LOL! A deliciously rustic gratitude card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,Jill ! This is so rich and gorgeous. Love the new tags you got and the way you used this large on as a window,just beautiful . Love the embossed paper . Hope you and your son have a wonderful thanksgiving at your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely design and colors on this Jill! love the opera tag cut out and the sentiment placement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Jill!!
    I absolutely love that Opera Tag die cut...
    and that background stamping...
    stunning!!
    And I'm dying over that embossing...
    will have to check that one out...
    I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill my eye's were dancing all over your card taking in all of the gorgeous details. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill......I am just amazed at your lovely details here! I too like that parchment plate......going to have to check that out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely ADORE your choice of colors and that window - so pretty!
    Sorry for being so late waltzing but we've had guests. Have a wonderful Sunday evening, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jill! Gorgeous card - it has such a vintage province feel to it - like a treasured keepsake that you dug up from a drawer of precious momentos! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the opening with the beautiful tree behind it, it's absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful...love that tree, so classy and very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful, thoughtful card Jill! I love that background plate..another item on my dream list!! and I love the way you worked the tree into the cutout~ thoughtful to paper artists too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the warm, autumnal colours on this beautiful card. Great aperture idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulation on your blog hop win,Jill. So happy for you .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this looks amazing Jill... the texture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jill, congrats on your blog party win, this is one fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous!!! Love all the leaves, colors, and texture on this card! Congrats on your blog party win!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill