Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Miss You.....A card for the "Twine" challenge at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.....

Hello,
Here with a quick post of a card that I made over the past few days for the latest Serendipity Stamps Challenge (SSCB#33 - Twine).  

I used the beautiful Dogwood Branch stamp colored wth copic markers.  I also used a lovely sentiment stamp "Miss You!". My twine was stitched around my circle mat which is from Little B dies. The decorative circle mat in green is from Cheery Lynn Designs.  The sentiment banner is from Jaded Blossom and is called "Flag Dies 2".   I love the scalloped edge! :)

And I embossed some vellum with polka dots to lay over the top of my pink glimmer cardstock.  So lovely in person.  I finished the card off with some tiny touches of diamond stickles in the center of the flowers to just add a touch of sparkle.  So much prettier in person.  It is overcast here in Seattle this morning so I took my photos inside....will try for a better photo later today if I have time! :)


Thanks for taking a look at my card......I hope you can play along this month at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge blog!  
Hugs,
Jill


13 comments:

  1. Jill, this is a "Wow" card! Beautiful card, and a great job with the challenge! Really like the colors, and how you added the vellum...The twine stitching is also so well done! So far, I am kind of stuck with this challenge...and this is from a lady who USED to stitch all the time...and kept the yarn, and twine, etc. stores in business! Smile... Good thing I have several weeks more to come up with an idea... Hope you are having a great week...Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is charming Jill, what a pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill...love the coloring on this card...and you stitched! I always think stitching adds such an interesting touch to cards. I love the sponged edges to your sentiment banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, your card is just beautiful! Love all the amazing layers. Great coloring and I adore your stitching. I only heard of Little B dies recently and am intrigued with what can be done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the WOW card. It may be prettier in person but it sure is beautiful here too. Love the colors you used. Excellent card.Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Jill! Love all your special details from the embossed vellum, to the wonderful stitching with twine to frame your dogwoods. Thanks for playing in the Serendipity challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect idea ,Jill! Love the stitched twine and this beautiful,dogwood card! This touch of glitter is beautiful wY to finish off the flowers. Thanks for playing along with us in the Serendipity Stamps challenge ......always makes me smile when I see your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty! Love the added stitching, what a great touch! Happy Birthday to Tim! If I recall we share the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so stunning jill.the flowers are so pretty and i love your beautiful design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so pretty Jill. Love the beautiful coloring and the twine around the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CLEVER to put the twine in the circle, Jill! A Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beauty Jill and so smart to use the twine as stitching ! I love that shot of the card on the lacy background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous flowers and love the twine stitching!! Glad you played with us!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill