Monday, December 1, 2014

"House of Cards" Designer Blog Hop

Hello Friends,
Here today with Paper Sweeties to celebrate the "House of Cards" end-of-term Designer Blog Hop.  House of Cards is a wonderful card challenge site hosted by our dear friend Mynn!  She invited the Paper Sweeties designers to join her creative team for a BIG collective blog hop – so much FUN!   Here is the inspiration:


And here is the card I created:



Yes....I did take the picture in the snow!  We had a rare sighting of the white stuff here in Seattle the day after Thanksgiving!  My son was OVERJOYED!!!!!  For this card I used my new FAVORITE Paper Sweeties stamp set called "Homemade with Love".  Isn't that cup of cocoa yummy looking!  I love the matching dies too!  So easy to whip up a card or tag in minutes!

I clear embossed the mug stamp and love the texture and shine it added to the cup!  I also added some glossy accents to my peppermint stick! Then there is the glittery snowflake marshmallows!  Gotta have those marshmallows and lots of them in your cup of cocoa!  Or so my son says!

Here is a list of all the Paper Sweeties designers that are participating in the hop:

  If you get lost check in at the Paper Sweeties blog. Or at the link I shared above for the House of Cards challenge site.



Thanks for joining me today!  
:) Jill



13 comments:

  1. Hi Jill. You are so lucky to have had some snow. I am still waiting for a little snow here in Florida. I know, I am dreaming big, but its OK to dream. Love the colors on the card. Very cute. TFS. ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rocking this set Jill, this is FABulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous shabby card! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORE the clear embossed mug! YOU layers of patterned papers are FAB! Can't believe you took the pic in the snow! Didn't it get the bottom of your BEAUTIFUL card wet?!!?? LOVE this card, jill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this, Jill! I adore the fun use of the colors and the great patterns you put together! Your layering rocks, too! Thanks for hopping with us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love all the rich, distressed browns and blues here, Jill! So full of vintage charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So rustic and ever so beautiful, Jill! Love all the distressing and texture! Such a warm lovely card...love it!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card Jill! Adorable stamp and die set!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I just love that embossed mug and frosty snowflake marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to dive into that mug of chocolate! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, all the beautiful muted tones, mix of patterns and just a hint of glimmer-lovely! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is OH so sweet indeed dear friend! Love all the layers and the way you sponged them with brown ink, giving the card lots of dimension and texture! SO pretty! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute and rustic- love the marshmallow snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at The House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill