Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Special Birthday Card....

Hi Friends,
Here to share a very special birthday card for my sister Natalie who will be the big "50" on January 12th.

Happy Birthday Natalie!!!!

We are going to a special birthday dinner for her tonight.  For two whole days she will be 2 years older than me!  I like to tease her about being my "much older" sister for those two days!  Just kidding!  We missed being Irish Twins by just 48 hours!  Growing up everyone thought we were twins anyway which was a lot of fun!
My sister Natalie is one of the most positive people I know.  She has gumption, fortitude, and walks closely with the Lord in good times and bad.  I am so blessed to call her my sister and to have her as my best friend too!  She reminds me so much of my Grandma Joyce who is no longer with us.  So in the shaker part of this card I used some of my Grandma Joyce's sequins and seed pearls that I received after she passed on.  I thought it was appropriate for Natalie's special day!  The "Happy" sentiment is from Paper Sweeties. The tiny tag and numbers are from Papertrey Ink.

Here is a picture that I have shared before of the two of us at my sister Beth's wedding shower last year....

Thanks for taking a look!
Hugs,
Jill

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Jill. Tell Natalie I said "hi" and "happy birthday. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card and so special to use the sequins and seed pearls from your grandmother! They go perfectly with your papers and design. How wonderful that you have such an encouraging sister. Your picture is beautiful, you both have such gorgeous complexions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Jill. Love the colors and that you used sequins from your grandmother....so wonderful!! You and your sister are so beautiful! Enjoy your time together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty and feminine card for your sister! I like the patterned paper you used for the numbers. Wonderful words you shared about her and such a pretty picture of the two of you. Love your smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...what a gorgeous card for your sister! I'm sure she will appreciate it! And, such a lovely photo of the two of you!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Jill. This is one beautiful card. Your sister is going to love it. Gorgeous. Crafty hugs, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...I love the photo of you have your sister, just beautiful I must say. I had no clue about this Irish Twin thing...my sister and I are a year apart and for a about a week I do the same thing and make sure she knows she is 2 years older than me. Now on to your stunning card, so so pretty and I love all the wonderful detail you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous shaker card! I am sure Natalie loves it,Happy Birthday to her. You both look gorgeous! Fun shaker sequins and beautiful,flowers! Hugs to you Jill!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill